The wait is over for all iPhone 5 enthusiasts who have waited patiently the release of a free jailbreak tool, able to pass all the security elements of iOS 7, even for new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. Basically, from this moment it is possible to apply the jailbreak on iOS 7.0 / 7.0.1 / 7.0.2 / 7.0.3 / 7.0.4 / 7.0.5 / 7.0.6 (also beta versions) from Windows and MacOS. It takes only a few minutes and it should be an easy operation that runs smoothly.
Evad3rs team kept its word and released a free jailbreak tool called evasi0n7 that can be downloaded from evasi0n. It is recommended to use evasi0n7 only from the official website, considering that the jailbreak developers release various updates.
You can now easily unlock your iPhone 5 in just 5 minutes without any knowledge and having a great support team for helping you out!
How to Jailbreak iPhone 5, 5s and 5c
This tutorial shows you how to perform an untethered jailbreak on any iPhone 5, 5s and 5c running iOS 7.0 – 7.0.6, using Evasi0n7.
Before starting the procedure of iPhone 5 jailbreak:
- Backup your iPhone 5 using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Disable the lock passcode of your iPhone 5 before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the iPhone 5 (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
- Connect your iPhone 5 to Mac or PC and make a full backup using iTunes. Mandatory step before starting the jailbreak process;
- Download the latest Evasi0n7 version and unzip the installation kit in a folder, preferably on the Desktop to more easily identify;
- Open iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version installed;
- Start evasi0n on your computer. If you’re on a Mac running Mountain Lion or Mavericks, you may have to Right-click the evasi0n7 icon and click Open and confirm you’d like to open it. If you’re on Windows Right-click on the evasi0n7.exe, unzipped earlier, and choose “Run as Administrator“. However, the procedure unfortunately does not work on Windows 8, Windows SmartScreen refusing to run the program. You can turn off Windows SmartScreen following these steps;
- Click Jailbreak button and wait;
- Wait until evasi0n7 will make the necessary changes, it could take up to 5 minutes then unlock your iPhone 5 in case of a reboot. Upon request access the evasi0n application present in your Springboard and wait;
- Unlock the iPhone one more time if prompted, evasi0n7 will make some changes until you see the message that your iPhone 5 was successfully jailbroken and the process is done! You should now have Cydia on your iPhone 5, 5s or 5c;
After the iPhone 5 jailbreak is successfully carried out, it is recommended to access Cydia and start an update. However, the filesystem will automatically update on its own but there may be other updates you need to install. Other than that, you’re good to go!